Now, this recipe is inspired from one of the Tasty (Buzfeed) videos and I loved it because it was easy and didn’t require exotic ingredients like pomelo, pandan, crushed horn of a unicorn for instance. Perfect for a young urban guy!
Why is this healthier? Because it replaces the conventional bread base with a base made from cauliflower (Low Carb / Keto Diet followers assemble!). Don’t just judge the recipe because of cauliflower. You might not be fond of it but in this particular recipe, the taste of cauliflower does not really stand out. The recipe is pretty straight forward and you can see me do the entire thing step by step in the video below (you can follow me on snapchat – puneettan336).
1 head cauliflower (for the base)
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 230˚C.
2. Remove the leaves and stem of the cauliflower and transfer pieces to a grater.
3. Shred it in the grater.
4. Once shredded, transfer to a large bowl and microwave for 4 minutes. Let it cool down for a few minutes before handling!
5. Transfer cooked cauliflower to a clean towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
Place wrung cauliflower in a bowl and combine with mozzarella, oregano, basil, salt, 6. garlic powder, and an egg. Mix well.
7. Place cauliflower mixture in the middle of the plate you’re gonna use in the oven. Spread out the mixture and form a circle out of the cauliflower mixture, pushing along the edge to raise a “crust.”
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust has become golden brown in the center and on the edges.
9. Top with a pizza sauce and toppings (I used onions, capsicum, corn, mushroom and chicken sausages), being careful not to overload the pizza (I overload it, because I can 😀 ).
10. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted.
You can follow me on snapchat & instagram: @puneettan336